WALK/RIDE DAYS = Last Friday of Every Month!
Step 1: Consider your options
Step 3: Commute
Step 4: Celebrate at our retail partners
Walk or ride a bicycle, bus, train… Even carpooling, walking partway, or driving - we welcome your check-in!
Invite your colleagues, family and community…the more the merrier!
April 2016 Newsletter
This Friday, April 29th, is Walk/Ride Day and the first in this year's CORPORATE CHALLENGE (more info here, if you're not already involved) so and help your workplace take the lead! The weather promises to be lovely.
Don't work on Friday? Use to another day this week as your Walk/Ride Day. You can check in your plans now, and overwrite them later, if they change.
Not involved in the CHALLENGE? Drive to work? Check in anyhow!
· Kendall Square April 28th from 12:00pm-2:00pm at Kendall Plaza
· FREE Walk/Ride Day BREAKFASTS (April 29):
o 7am - 9am at Ferris Wheels Bike Shop
o 8am - 9am at Whole Foods, Beacon Street, Somerville
o 7:30am - 10am at Cambridge Rindge and Latin / Main Library
· For more events, learn to bike classes, etc, click here.
· Question for you about safer bike routes: If you could designate a road in the Greater Boston Area (or in your area if you are elsewhere) to have a safe-for-biking lane, which road or stretch of road would you pick? Let us know in the "Comments" box in this month's .
· Park free of charge all day and bike in to work from edge of city! Park&Pedal stations at Soldier's Field Road and in many other spots surrounding greater Boston, just opened for the season! These spots give opportunities for those who may work in the city, reside beyond their comfortable biking distance, and would like to try biking in. See map here.
· Healthy Transportation Lanes on Memorial Drive: Unfortunately, the car-free/healthy transportation lanes on Memorial Drive requested by Cambridge City Council for this Walk/Ride Day were not approved by DCR and the State Police for this Friday. We know many of you will be disappointed. We are working with Cambridge City Council members and staff, state officials, advocates and others to arrange to pilot them and other safe, healthy transportation routes on other upcoming Walk/Ride Days! Let us know if you would like to be involved in the process.
Visit these Retail Partners!
And if you haven't done so already, be sure to to take advantage of discounts and freebies at our wonderful Retail Partners:
· Eat at Jumbo's
· NitWits Lice Removal
· Stinky's Kittens and Doggies Too
· Taza Chocolates
· Haley House Bakery Cafe
· Coolidge Corner Theatre
· Ferris Wheels Bike Shop
· Hostelling International Boston
· The Watch Shop at Porter Square
· University Stationery
· Community Boating, Inc.
· Cannondale Sports
· Ibex Outdoor Clothing
· Rock Spot Climbing
· Terrene of New England
· Eastern Mountain Sports Harvard Square and Commonwealth Avenue
· Community Boating, Inc.
· Apollinaire Theatre
· True Grounds
· Urban Adventours
· Living Harmony
· High Energy Vintage
· Zoe’s Restaurants
· Evolve Fitness Cambridge and Framingham
· and MANY MORE!
Janie Katz-Christy, Director
Happy Walk/Ride Day Week! Check in your plans now for this Friday's Walk/Ride Day.
Cambridge, MA 02140