Survey responses from the Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program Showcase!
Monday night (the 6th), we were at the Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program's Summer Showcase event presenting about what exactly the GSI does. While there, we gave a survey about Walk/Ride Day, asking questions about how it could be improved, what they thought, etc. Here are some choice responses!
Survey Questions and responses from MSYEP Showcase Event (8-6-12)
What stops people (you?) from going green?
- Habits, laziness
- Lack of info
- Rushing- Time is always a factor
- We are always rushing/Time management
- Convenience of driving due to child care schedules
- Sometimes it costs a lot of money
- Other people
- $ (bus and rail fares) and time (long commute w/bus and rail schedule)
- Time it takes to use public transit vs. driving
- Sometimes going green is not as convenient, it takes longer, and therefore more prep time
- Too much car
How can we help people to go green on Walk/Ride Day?
- Give out info pamphlets on the T or have info tables (w/cookies) at stations
- Help them understand the impact of going green- ex.- how much money they save by turning off their lights, how much carbon is emitted by a sedan
- Incentives/support to get a bike
- Go in to the school and afterschool and talk to the kids
- Lower fares
- Make sure the word gets around more
- Explain the pollution effect
- I want to be part of the solution
What do you enjoy about getting around green?
- It benefits us
- No gas $$$
- Not worrying about parking!
- When I ride my bike I get exercise :)
- Knowing that I'm helping to keep my community clean!
- Being out in fresh air and seeing new streets and areas
- Knowing that I'm contributing