British Consulate in Boston is pleased to announce its participation in the
upcoming Green Streets Walk/Ride Day. The Consulate will be asking its
employees to "go and wear green," and strive for the most carbon-free commute
and morning routine. Our interest in Green Streets stems from our desire
to engage with local organizations to combat climate change, and to promote a
low carbon, high growth global economy. Melanie Meinzer
Visits Officer, Press and Public Affairs Assistant
One Memorial Drive, Ste 1500
Cambridge, MA 02142
Read the full article here!
Cambridge Mayor E. Denise Simmons invites everyone, old and young, to participate in 9 or more Walk/Ride Days in 2009! The Mayor will hold a special reception in January, 2010, with prizes, awards and more.
In order to be eligible to attend, all you have to do is Go Green and Wear Green and record your participation for 9 or more Walk/Ride Days in 2009.
1) Use green transportation - walk, ride a bike, bus or train… even carpool or walk 10 extra blocks.
2) Wear something green - shirt, skirt, earings, tie, socks, backpack…
3) CHECK IN, in any of a number of ways:
- Best choice: Check in online (click here).
- For students: Download a School Walk/Ride Day Passport, or obtain one from your school, if they have been distributing them, and fill it in each month.
- For those who prefer: Download an offline check in
to record your own participation each Walk/Ride Day.
If you do not check in online, please check back here later in 2009 to find out our details about getting your results to us, and about the Awards ceremony.
Individuals, groups, and businesses are all invited to participate! (We will record participation by companies when you sign-in online and indicate your organization.) Please peruse the rest of our website for other tools, including surveys, flyers, and more for helping to spread the word in your organizations.
The Mayor's Challenge awards reception is tentatively set for Monday, January 11, 2010, from 4 PM - 5:30 PM. There will be more information later in the year about it so please check back!