Corporate Challenge Coordinator Resources
Here is an electronic "WELCOME KIT" that can be used for coordinators throughout the challenge. We hope this can make promoting the challenge easier for our coordinators and encourages participation. Included are the following:
1. ICON: A button/logo that your organization can put on your intranet (with a link to the Walk/Ride Day check-in tool at http://checkinapp-greenstreets.rhcloud.com/checkin/ (Attached to this web page)
2. FLYER/POSTER: A general Challenge flyer for distribution to staff so they know what’s going on.
If you would like to modify it for use in-house, please send us a copy of what you develop from it!
3. REQUESTS FOR CLIF BARS: Clif Bar & Company will send your organization snack or protein bars to support your Walk/Ride Day participation! Please complete this form as far in advance as possible, as CLIF BAR NEEDS 13 DAYS’ ADVANCED NOTICE.
4. E-MAIL TEMPLATES: For company website and/or email:
A. Join us! [Company name] is taking part in the Walk/Ride Day Corporate Challenge, to help create safer, healthier and more vibrant streets and communities. We'll be competing against other area workplaces to see who can have the most employees check in their commutes online. The goal is to raise awareness about how each individual's commute impacts the environment and also to promote healthy and sustainable ways to commute. All commuters are encouraged to take part - pedestrians, bicyclists, car commuters and everyone else. Check in on Walk/Ride Days, the last Friday of every month, through October. (Don't worry - we'll share reminders.) You can be counted by checking in each Walk/Ride Day at http://checkinapp-greenstreets.rhcloud.com/checkin/
The Challenge starts April 29th, so plan your commute for that day now and help us win! Stay tuned for more Walk/Ride updates to learn about events, incentives and for reminders about upcoming Walk/Ride Days. And, most of all…enjoy!
B. THE 2016 CORPORATE WALK/RIDE DAY CHALLENGE: A competition among Boston area employers, April – October 2016, to determine which workplace has the highest percentage of staff checking in their commutes and the highest percentage of employees going car-free or car-light on Walk/Ride Days, the last Friday of each month. All staff are invited and encouraged to participate! Yes, car commuters count. Make your Walk/Ride Day travel plans now and remember to check in (http://checkinapp-greenstreets.rhcloud.com/checkin/) on the last Friday of the month to be counted.
- LEADERSHIP COUNTS: Public and visible participation of individual senior staff are powerful in setting an example, showing the importance to the workplace of this effort, and in building community.
- BRAG: Walk/Ride Day is also a great opportunity for your company to tout its successes and commitments to health, green transportation, other sustainability and community initiatives in which your company is already engaged.
- THANK AND LEARN: Walk/Ride Day is also an ideal time to thank and learn from those who regularly travel in sustainable and active ways
- WHO? Profiles (photo, video, written) of such green-traveling staff, both newcomers, and long-term users, can be very interesting and inspiring to others.
- FOOD! In-house food, celebrations, raffles are always popular. If there are nearby retailers who do not yet offer incentives to your staff for their Walk/Ride Day participation, encourage them to sign on as Retail Partners.
- INFO: Share the previous month's results!
|Labels for Clif Bars||16.12 KB|
|Humorous Clif Bar labels||42.93 KB|
|2016 Walk/Ride Days poster||649.47 KB|
|2016 Walk-Ride Day Corporate Challenge poster||586.01 KB|
|2016 Decal||54.4 KB|
|2016 Guide to increase participation||37.15 KB|
|2016 Letter to employees||32.91 KB|
|2016 Walk/Ride Day Calendar and Communication Schedule||70.02 KB|
|2016 Web Decal||30.34 KB|
|2016 QR Flyer||133.78 KB|