Corporate Challenge Coordinator Resources
Here is an electronic ""WELCOME KIT" that can be used for coordinators throughout the challenge. We hope this can make promoting the challenge easier for our coordinators and encourages participation. Included are the following:
1. ICON: A button/logo that your organization can put on your intranet (with a link to the Walk/Ride Day check-in tool at http://greenstreets.mapc.org/. (Attached to this web page)
2. FLYER: A general Challenge flyer for distribution to staff so they know what’s going on.
3. E-MAIL BLURBS: A choice of two blurbs for company website and/or email:
A. Join us! [Company name] is taking part in the Walk/Ride DayCorporate Challenge, to help create safer, healthier and more vibrant streets and communities. We'll be competing to log the most car-free and car-light trips on Walk/Ride Days, the last Friday of every month, through October. (Don't worry - we'll share reminders.) What counts as a green commute? Biking, walking, public transit, telecommuting and carpooling. How will you be counted? By checking in each Walk/Ride Day at http://greenstreets.mapc.org/
The Challenge starts April 26th, so plan your commute for that day now and help us win! Stay tuned for more Walk/Ride updates to learn about events, incentives and for reminders about upcoming Walk/Ride Days. And, most of all…enjoy!
B. THE 2013 CORPORATE WALK/RIDE DAY CHALLENGE: A competition among Boston area employers, April – October, 2013, to determine which workplace has the highest percentage of staff going car-free or car-light on Walk/Ride Days, the last Friday of each month. All staff are invited and encouraged to participate! Make your Walk/Ride Day travel plans now and remember to check in (http://greenstreets.mapc.org) on the last Friday of the month to be counted.
- LEADERSHIP COUNTS: Public and visible participation of individual senior staff are powerful in seting an example, showing the importance to the workplace of this effort, and in building community.
- BRAG: Walk/Ride Day is also a great opportunity for your company to tout its successes and commitments to health, green transportation, other sustainability and community initiatives in which your company is already engaged.
- THANK AND LEARN: Walk/Ride Day is also an ideal time to thank and learn from those who regularly travel in sustainable and active ways
- WHO? Profiles (photo, video, written) of such green-traveling staff, both newcomers and long-term users, can be very interesting and inspiring to others.
- FOOD! In-house food, celebrations, raffles are always popular. If there are nearby retailers who do not yet offer incentives to your staff for their Walk/Ride Day participation, encourage them to sign on as Retail Partners.
- INFO: Share the previous month's results!
|WRDCC icon - Days before.jpg||17.96 KB|
|WRDCC icon - Friday.jpg||16.69 KB|
|WDCC flyer 2013.pdf||243.4 KB|
|WDCC flyer 2013.doc||202.5 KB|