Want to enliven our streets and making bicycling, walking, or using transit safer and more popular?
Green Streets has a variety of cool IT and other general projects, and we'd love your help!
If you are interested in getting involved, please email us with information about your background, interests, and availability.
- Refinement of online Check-In: We are looking for a programmer to help us develop our online check-in in a number of ways, from automating "thank-you" emails to respondents to integrating their email info into our database, and continuing to provide data to our live Leader Board, which requires knowledge of Linux, Python, Django, jQuery, Canvas JS, and web design (HTML, CSS, etc.).
- Website Development. We need one or two programmers to help us upgrade our DRUPAL website from DRUPAL 6, and to provide more design help. Would be helpful to know Python, Django, jQuery, and web design (HTML, CSS, etc.). General experience with Linux is also a must.
- Data Visualization for Leader Board. We have gorgeous check-in data from our Corporate Challenge, and a current "live" leader board that we'd like ot modify to better convey the results to participants. Would be helpful to know Python, Django, jQuery, and web design (HTML, CSS, etc.). General experience with Linux is also a must.
- Contact Management. Green Streets currenly uses CiviCRM, and we could use help putting it to good use. If you have experience with CiviCRM or a similar contact management system, please let us know.
- Web Site Maintenance. We'd like help keeping the Green Streets web site up to date! You can help by contributing current events, community news, and other postings. We have a couple of excellent DRUPAL experts helping us with further design of our website, but could probably still use more design help, so if you know DRUPAL, we'd love to have your help! Would be helpful to know python, Django, jQuery, and web design (HTML, CSS, etc.). General experience with Linux is also a must.
- Fundraising/Grants Writing. Green Streets is working to make our organization sustainable and replicable in other cities. We are looking for volunteers to help us explore and develop funding opportunities and relationships.
- Event Management/Outreach. Green Streets frequently exhibits at public health, environmental, transportation, and other community events. If you would be interested in representing Green Streets at these events, please let us know.
- Social Media/Marketing. Are you a whiz with social media? If so, help us use Facebook, Twitter, and other online tools tools effectively to reach new audiences and spread the word about Walk/Ride Days!
- Writing, Photography, and Videography. These media can be effective ways to document our success and tell the Walk/Ride Day story. If you have skills in any of these areas, please let us know.
- Walk/Ride Day Coordination. We are building a corps of Walk/Ride Day coordinators in communities throughout the Boston area. These folks work at schools, work places, and other organizations to help spread the word, build the buzz, and make the celebration happen!
- Join our Board. More info here.